Re: Increasing PPP Dialup connection timeout

Scott writes:
> Anyway, it seems that in Linux, pon quits before it could really
> connect. So, instead of pon giving up in a minute or so, I'd like to
> increase that timeout.

Edit /etc/ppp/peers/provider.  Replace

connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"

with

connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -t120 -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"

To make chat keep trying to connect for two minutes.  If your connection is
named something other than 'provider', edit the file with that name.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)