Printer

I have already discussed my woes under "Two Problems". I have now changed from magicfilter to apsfilter. When I tried to print the test page, I received the message: /dev/lp0 : no such device. The device /lp0 appears in the /dev directory. It seems that the failure of the system to recognize my printer may be the problem. How do I resolve this? It is not the printer connection, for the printer works properly with Windows and worked with an older version of Debian.