Re: logitech mouseManPlus and fourth button: how to make it work?

On (15/05/01 21:46), Erik Steffl wrote:
>   is there any way to get the fourth button (on the side of the logitech
> mouseMan with wheel) working? It does not work at all - not even with
> xev.

I had a similar problem getting my new-fangled optical wheel mouse to
work (it has two extra buttons on the sides). The solution, in my
case, was the ExplorerPS/2 protocol and swapping the buttons round
with xmodmap when starting X. Anyway, there are instructions for
getting the wheel and extra buttons to work for various mice at the
following web page:-

http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

HTH

Simon.

--

Simon Hooper
GnuPG 1024D/F3D1353A 64AF 1419 4B67 CE13 E312  7C80 CFB0 9414 F3D1 353A