Re: need help with ALSA / soundcard

i think i am almost there...i basically did what you suggested, now

modprobe snd-card-ymfpci
modprobe snd-pcm-oss

work fine, but

modprobe snd-seq-oss says:
/lib/modules/2.4.4/misc/snd-seq-oss.o: init_module: Device or resource
busy
Hint: insmor errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

alsamixer says:

alsamixer: failed to open mixer #0/#0: No such file or directory

when i run xmms as root now i can play files, but can't hear anything.

do you know what i could do?

thanks for your help!
best,

vester