Re: heads-up (and a chance to object) on expect packages

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 15:32:57 -0700 (+0000), Mike Markley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to drop the two separate expect packages (expect5.24 and
> expect5.31) and create a single "expect" package with the current version.
> An automated upgrade path will be provided.
>
> Nothing depends on either of these. The only dependencies are on the current
> virtual package "expect", so the real problem is any scripts which don't work
> with the latest version.
>
> If anyone has a good reason why the older one shouldn't be dropped, speak
> now or forever hold your peace :). I plan to upload the new "expect" package
> and the two new dummy packages this week sometime.

How compatible are the two?   i.e. why was the split done in the first
place?   Maybe it's worth uploading the new one (and getting rid of
expect5.31), but leaving 5.24 around for a couple of weeks in case there is
a compatibility problem?

Adrian

Email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. GPG/PGP keys available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-  By professionals for professionals  -*-  www.debian.org