Problems moving to Woody

I am trying to get an installation of the "testing" branch
(Woody) installed on one of my machines. I have performed the
following steps:

    * Clean install of 2.2r2 (from CDROM)

    * apt-get update

    * apt-get upgrade

Then I changed /etc/atp/sources.list to point to "testing"
instead of "stable"

    * apt-get upgrade

    * reboot

(everything is fine up to this point)

    * apt-get dist-upgrade

All of the packages downloaded (it seems) and I now
get the following error message:

99% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 60, <TEMPLATES> check 3.
E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)
E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt

I do not know what to do now.

Any suggestions / tips would be appreciated!

Regards,

Randy