Getting Telnet to work

Hi,

 I have small LAN: 3 win2k workstations and 1 Debian linux gateway/firewall. I want to telnet into my gateway/firewall from one of my win2k stations. Tired of always going downstairs to change the firewall rules or whatnot J  So how do I set this up? I set up the proper firewall rules. I added the line ALL:HOMER to my hosts.allow file (HOMER is the win2k host that needs access). My hosts.deny file contains ALL:ALL. And I haven’t modified my inetd.conf file.

 THX