Re: [users] packaging hell

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 02:09:59AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> Stable? You seem to have your system somewhere between stable and
> unstable at the moment ...
>
>      libc6 |   2.1.3-18 |        stable | i386
>      libc6 |    2.2.3-1 |       testing | i386
>      libc6 |    2.2.3-1 |      unstable | i386

    Then it should be above the minimum requirements, and it should work, no?

> I guess the apt folks would say something to the effect that apt-get was
> only meant as a proof of concept / debugging tool in the first place,
> and this sort of thing can and should be left up to frontends such as
> aptitude and console-apt/deity. You could try 'apt-get -o
> Debug::pkgProblemResolver=1 install foo', though (documented in
> apt.conf(5)).

    I'll give that a shot. If apt-get was just proof of concept, I'd say it's
proved it. I don't like dselect. I use apt-get/apt-cache for everything.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a