Re: user dialout problem.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: user dialout problem.
- From: "V.Suresh" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 22:11:53 +0600
- Message-id: <20010518221153.C188@debian>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Fri, May 18, 2001 at 07:13:07AM -0500 I did addgroup suresh dip addgroup suresh dialout. Then did wvdial as suresh. Wvdial dials out, isp responds, user name password are sent, authenticted, and at the moment pppd has to start, screen fills with unable to run pppd messages. So, it's a permission problem, so as root, I chmod 666 /usr/sbin/pppd. Then I try to dial again. And the problem persists.
- References: <20010518135210.A210@debian> <email@example.com>
Once upon a time, John Hasler <firstname.lastname@example.org> found a keyboard. And typed:
>> any help?
>Not without much more information. _Exactly_ what have you tried and
>_exactly_ what happened?
>Dancing Horse Hill
>To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
>with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
-_-_-_-_End of Original Message-_-_-_-_-_-_-Know Gnu, Know Freedom_
-------------------Powered by Debian Potato-------------------
10:09pm up 4 min, 3 users, load average: 1.02, 0.62, 0.26
-Created with Mutt, Sent by Exim - No Microsoft Products Used-