lm-sensors problems

In order to access the hardware sensors on my motherboard, I installed
the lm-sensors-source package and the corresponding userland
utilities. I need the i2c-viapro kernel module for my MB (VIA
KT133A/82c686b chipset).

Now, when I try to patch the kernel (stricly following the
instructions in the README and INSTALL files) not all lm-sensors
modules are offered when I try to make menuconfig afterwards. The
patches are applied fine without any errors, but the module I need
just doesn't show up in the I²C section of the kernel configuration.

This problem only affects the VIA modules. E.g. lm-sensors comes with
a i2c-piix4.c file and I see an option for Intel PIIX4 support, but
there are no configuration items corresponding to i2c-via.c and
i2c-viapro.c (the latter being the one I need). Has anybody seen this
before? Any ideas?

BTW: I also tried building the modules outside of the kernel source
tree, but compiling fails with an error message. I found an open bug
report filed against lm-sensors-source describing the same problem, so
I guess it's not just me overlooking something in this case.

--
Philipp Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>