Re: debconf problem

> > I have following problem - some time ago i was upgragding some parts of
> > 2.2 system
>
> To unstable or testing? How long ago, about 3 months, I take it?

unstable i suppose. And yes, it was long time ago, maybe even 3 months

> So you say you just upgraded? This appears like you upgraded to unstable
> *quite* some time ago, and then *downgraded* debconf. Otherwise, why is
> it installing debconf-tiny here?

Absolutely right. Don't ask why i did it... Now i wonder it myself too.

> If you are not trying to run unstable or testing, you need to change all
> occurrances of Debconf::Question to DebConf::Question (note case change) in
> /var/lib/debconf/*.db.

I am running stable (as stable as it is now, though). I changed all to
DebConf::Question, still same error :(. Any more ideas on this?

> If you are trying to upgrade to unstable, manually upgrading debconf
> with dpkg will work. You have probably managed to break
> preconfiguration, but if you remove /etc/apt/apt.conf, upgrading debconf
> with apt should work.

Can i force it to restore old configuration? Ie. like it was after stable
install. If i try now to install Debconf it says it's already the newest
version (stable) and thats it.

Rgds,
Viljo