Re: debconf problem

Viljo Marrandi wrote:
> I have following problem - some time ago i was upgragding some parts of
> 2.2 system

To unstable or testing? How long ago, about 3 months, I take it?

> What is this object method "value" it's trying to access? Some module that
> i've removed by an 'accident'? If anyone has any ideas then i'd be very
> happy to hear them, because i need to get this server working properly.
>
> Setting up debconf-tiny (0.2.80.17) ...
> Can't locate object method "value" via package "Debconf::Question" at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Config.pm line 37.

So you say you just upgraded? This appears like you upgraded to unstable
*quite* some time ago, and then *downgraded* debconf. Otherwise, why is
it installing debconf-tiny here?

If you are not trying to run unstable or testing, you need to change all
occurrances of Debconf::Question to DebConf::Question (note case change) in
/var/lib/debconf/*.db.

If you are trying to upgrade to unstable, manually upgrading debconf
with dpkg will work. You have probably managed to break
preconfiguration, but if you remove /etc/apt/apt.conf, upgrading debconf
with apt should work.

I'm stunned that someone is reporting this problem again. The current
debconf in unstable/testing does not allow this sitation to occur; you
must have somedown upgraded to a much older snapshot, and then
downgraded.

--
see shy jo