Re: Problem with netgear card

I recently spent lots of time on the LRP mailing list.
 THis topic was handled frequently.  Perhaps this is
not a Debian issue. Check out www.scyld.com for lots
of in-depth info on drivers.  My guess is that you
need the new pci-scan.o and the new tulip.o driver.

http://www.scyld.com/network/
http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

I use a Linksys LNE100TX v4.1 in one of my machines.
It uses the tulip.o driver.  But it needs the
pci-scan.o module too. (See scyld site for
explanation.)

method for installing:

// get netdrivers.tgz from scyld
// unzip/tar into a clean directory
// make sure /usr/src/linux is ready for compiling
// with the machine having the fa311 installed

make pci-scan.o
make tulip.o
cp *.o /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/net

// next lines can be in a script that is run during
// system initialization

/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/net/pci-scan.o
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/net/tulip.o
/sbin/depmod -a

// config your driver

I have many dents in my skull from this topic.  Hope
you get through with less pain.

Mike

=====