Re: XFree86 4.0.x & tdfx DRI

> irt point 1, i have the agpgart & tdfx modules that came with 2.4.4 loaded
> - afaik the dri stuff is all loaded in the x server, not the kernel. am i
> wrong on this point?
>
> i'm running in 16bpp, and i have xlib[os]mesa3 installed.

>From what I remember, you can get dri from both kernel source AND
dri.sourceforge.net
Advantage of kernel being that it's compiled with the kernel together, you
can compile it straight into the kernel, and X wont know the difference.
Advantage of dri.sourceforge.net being that you get the latest DRI
version. But the way it works is that X will have to load dri module when
it starts up. But it doesnt matter where it's loaded from: whether it's
already in the kernel, or it's in hte X modules, it'll work the same.
Andrei

First there was Explorer...
Then came Expedition.
This summer....