Re: Mutt:Mailbox is read-only

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 03:43:20PM -0400, Sebastian Canagaratna wrote:
> I am running testing. Recently I bought a new hard disk because I was
> running out of space and copied some old partitions ( /usr and /var )
> using cp -R -d to partitions on the new hard disk. I use exim and
> mutt.
>    Now I have two problems. 1. After I fetch my mail using fetchmail,
>    and view it with mutt, when I press 'D' to delete a message I get
>    the message Mailbox is read-only. I have compared the permissions
>    ( the mail box is /var/spool/mail/scanagar  owned by scanagar,
>    group mail, -rw--------) and they seem to be OK. I have the old
>    partitions still to compare with. I cannot detect any difference.

scab:/$ ls -l /var/spool/mail/kent
-rw-rw----    1 kent     mail            0 May 16 13:47 /var/spool/mail/kent

>    The 2nd problem: when I try to access the man pages, I get:
>     man: can't set effective uid: operation not permitted.

You should have used "cp -a" to preserve your permissions.  It may be
more advantageous to recopy the two directories if you can.  Otherwise
your can try to recreate the permissions of those two directories.

 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted