Re: German keyboard

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:05:26AM +0200, Robert Voigt wrote:
> From: Robert Voigt <f1k@gmx.de>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: German keyboard
>
> On Wednesday 16 May 2001 02:37, nikolai.hlubek@mailbox.tu-dresden.de wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have a little question.
> > After upgrading to woody some special characters
> > on the german keyboard won't work under X11 anymore.
> > ö,ä,ü work.
> > All characters reached through AltGr+"key" don't work.
> > (for example "@" doesn't work!)
> > Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Find the InputDevice section in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 where it says
> "us"
> and change it to
> "de"

AS MENTIONED in my mail ö,ä,ü keys work!!!

My setting already is
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "microsoft"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_DE"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"

Just AltGr+"key" i.e.  "@" doesn't work.

Regards,
Nikolai.

|  Escape the     |