Re: wallpaper problem ;-)

In article <[🔎] 20010516085807.B4935@debian>, "V.Suresh"
<sureshv@linuxfreemail.com> wrote:
[ CUT ]

> Once upon a time, maarten <news@devnullified.org> found a keyboard. And
> typed:
>>In article <[🔎] 20010515150641.A336@debian>, "V.Suresh"
>><sureshv@linuxfreemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am using gnome + wmaker. Whenever I set a background wallpaper using
>>> gnome, and restart X, the wallpaper setting by wmaker overrides gnome
>>> settings. How do I prevent this? Help please.
>>
>>erm.. don't take this the wrong way but: maybe don't use GNOME to change
>>your wallpaper? Wmaker uses the command wmsetbg to do that and it rocks!
>>You can even use it to give every virtual desktop a different wallpaper:
>>what more could you possibly need?

[ paste ]

> But I don't know how to tell wmaker to keep the wpaper centred? It
> always tiles wpapers. How do I set that?

Well, there's always the manual :) : in a terminal execute the command: man
wmsetbg

If that don't work, try executing: wmsetbg --help

What it comes down to is something like: wmsetbg --center image.jpg .
Though I always use the utility called wmakerconf to change the
background (apt-get install wmakerconf) since I can't be bothered with
man-pages and helpfiles :)

Good luck,

Maarten.
--
"Your turning into a penguin, Ford. Stop it."
                                 -- Arthut Dent