Re: logitech mouseManPlus and fourth button: how to make it work?

>   Q:
>
>   is there any way to get the fourth button (on the side
> of the logitech mouseMan with wheel) working? It does
> not work at all - not even with xev.

I'm certainly interested in finding this out myself. Like you, I've
had no luck.

>   I have:
>
> logitech cordless mouseMan wheel mouse (4 buttons
> & wheel) XFree86 Version 4.0.3
>
>   here's what works and how (so far):
>
>   MouseManPlusPS/2 buttons 123 are working
>   plain PS/2 buttons 123 are working
>   IMPS/2 buttons 123 and wheel are working
>
>   so IMPS/2 is almost pefect, only thing not working is the
> side button.

Pretty much the same mouse here. Mine's not cordless, but it is
optical. I saw the same results with the protocols as you.
MouseManPlusPS/2, as suggested by the docs for XFree86 do *not*
work. Certainly no scrolling ability. Also, as I seem to recall, the
mouse was in fact unusable. It would jump from one side of the
screen to the other... menus would occasionally appear...

>   btw I've read the README.mouse and debian-user but
> haven't found answer (that would work, the settings in X
> docs for mouseMan+ do not work with mouseMan wheel)

As mentioned above, I have the same results. Should the XFree86
people be made aware of this ?? Chances are though, that it worked
for *them* and that's why they printed it...

Regards
Hall