Re: HELP!!! Installing Debian

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 02:18:30PM -0700, Arnold Canete wrote:
> Hello guys!
>
> I am new to Debian Linux. After downloading files from BASE-i386 and
> DISK-i386 directory, i've tried to install debian.  I typed INSTALL  and
> the install.bat file run. After loading some modules, I am stuck to the
> the following message:
>
> Kernel Panic : VFS : Unable to mount root on FS on 01:00
>
> What have I missed?  Please help!

    I take it that you don't have a bootable CD-ROM? If so just boot off the
CD. If you've downloaded the disk images, boot off the floppies. Looking above
you haven't said whether or not you did either.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a