Re: scripted jumpstarts?

On Tue, May 15, 2001, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   I just started at a new company.  They're using alot of Redhat because
> they can kickstart the installs and script them also, making the installs
> real easy once the initial scripting is done.
>
>   Does debian have this capabilty?  Any thoughts on how or any GOOD short
> to the point HOWTO's on setting this up?
>
> Robert

Robert,

Please see:

"FAI (Fully Automatic Installation) for Debian GNU/Linux"

I don't think (?) it's officially included in Debian Stable, but
should be (?) released with Woody.  The above site already has versions
you can use that are designed for Potato.  Also, archives of
debian-dev list have other suggestions, but probably not as powerful
as this.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics