Re: Disk mirroring

I wrote:

> badoual loic wrote:
>
> > On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 04:22:56PM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:
> > > It would be great if the copying is done incrementally (copy the newer
> > > files only).
> >
> > cpbk is good for that
>
> Looks like an interesting package, but this bug worries me:
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/63955
>
> $ sudo cpbk -r -n /dev /tmp/dev
> $ ls -la /dev/fd0 /tmp/dev/fd0
> brw-rw----    1 root     floppy     2,   0 May 14 11:30 /dev/fd0
> -rw-rw----    1 root     floppy          0 May 14 11:30 /tmp/dev/fd0
>
> The original is a block device, but the copy is not.

This is fixed upstream in version 4.1.0
See http://www.enjoy.ne.jp/~gm/program/cpbk/

There's a deb package there which I recommend since Debian
unstable doesn't have this version yet.  However, the software is
still buggy wrt file permissions:

$ sudo cpbk /dev /tmp/dev
Searching source files and building lists... Done
Searching destination files and building lists... Done
Comparing files and generating order lists... Done

$ ls -la /dev/fd0 /tmp/dev/fd0
brw-rw----    1 root     floppy     2,   0 May 14 11:30 /dev/fd0
brw-r-----    1 root     floppy     2,   0 May 14 11:30 /tmp/dev/fd0

:-(