Re: a printer for Linux

"Steve R. Hastings" <steve@hastings.org> writes: > I am a huge fan of the HP inkjet printers (and I'm eagerly waiting > for drivers as good as the ones for Windows). http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/ -- Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - In a variety of flavors! "The Computer made me do it."

BTW, has anyone debianized the .rpm HP released on the above site?
I was actually thinking of doing it, but when I read the instructions for the .rpm installation that involved a nit of tweeking with the --force option, I gave up. This HP driver, according to <http://www.linuxprinting.org> is supposed to be better that CUPS, which is widely used. I believe the Debian community sorely needs a hand from a guru, in order to make HP printer work on Debian, without resorting to CUPS or any other "older" solution.

Regards,
Henry L.