Re: kppp

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, den 09. Mai 2001 23:00:37 schrieb Robin Gerard:
> I have installed KDE successfuly but
> when I launch kppp, after the connection
> has bein established, I received this
> message :
> dead unexpected of the daemond pppd
> code returned 1.
> However pon runs fine.
> Can someone me some ideas on this matter ?
> TIA

Why not use pon and one of the graphical pon-frontends.  Using pon has
the advantage that you can use _one_ mechanism (and configuration)
from X and from console.

If it's for accounting: I wrote a little tool that does
time-accounting for pon. look at
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~berberic/Linux/ppplog.html. It shows
online-times only and does not calculate the costs like kppp. (Not yet
a package).

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de