shutdown/reboot problems

hello all,

when i shutdown or reboot, linux usually (~90%) goes
into an infinite loop printing the error message:
"iput: inode 00:03/536871170 count wrapped"

then i have to hard reset, and fsck checks my root
partition.

is this is a usbdevfs problem??  i have a usb mouse
(which i've been using for well over 5 months).  i
also have a printer which uses the usb interface under
windows and parallel port under linux.  (haven't been
able to get it working using usb on debian, though
i've been trying).

is there anything i can do to shutdown/reboot
cleanly??

tia

pls cc me since this list is too high traffic for me