Re: ttyS0: LSR safety check engaged!

--- Wilson Yau <wyau@coms.com> wrote:
> My notebook - Dell Latitude CPi R400GT
> My OS - Debian Potato w/ kernel 2.4.4
>
> Problem:
> --------
> Keep getting the following messages:
>
> ttyS0: LSR safety check engaged!
>
> INIT: Id "7" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>

> Questions:
> ----------
>
> 1./  Why am I getting these messages?
> 2./  What do they mean?
> 3./  Anything wrong with my system?
> 4./  How do I get rid of them?
>
> Many thanks for your advice and help!
>
> Wilson :-)

The LSR safety check engaged! is a UART problem, I think the kernel
serial driver can't find the UART for your ttyS0 --  is it enabled in
BIOS?  You can control checking of ttys in /etc/setserial, if i recall
correctly?

Sorry, I don't know if its related to the respawing message or what
that's about...

hth
Patrick.

  - Mary had a little lamb.  With mint.