Etherenet card problem.

Hello, I'd like some help with a problem I'm having.

I've tried to install two varients of Debian: 2.2r2 and Progeny 1.0. In
both of those cases I have failed to get my ethernet card working.

I have two cards laying around, a Linksis LNE100TX and a Kingston
KNE110TX. Both are tulip variants. Both worked under Mandrake 7.2.
Niether is working under Debian.

They are both detected, the tulip module is loaded (I do know how to use
modprobe and lsmod :).

I am not a Linux newbie, but I'm a newbie to Debian. I have played
around with other Debian boxen my friends had around, and apt-get is
really cool, as is the rock-hard stability. I decided I was tired of
Mandrake and RedHat, as they are both flaky, and I have NEVER manually
installed an RPM upgrade without having to use --FORCE.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

--Aaron