Re: compaq on board sound

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 12:16:43PM +1000, Renai LeMay wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> I would like to get the on board sound card on my compaq presario 2415
> working. I've been looking on the net for about an hour, and can't find any
> documentation on what driver to use, how to set it up etc.
>
> If anyone could give me a hand on pointing me to some docos that would be
> great.

if you have your serial no you can to to
http://www3.compaq.com/support/parts/ and it will tell you details about
your hardware installed. it would also help if you send the output of lspci
(the line with the multimedia) to find out what chip you have.

on laptopts - eg my armada m300 - compaq uses es1978 maestro chips and they
work perfect with both 2.2 adn 3.4 kernels.

yours martin
--
GnuPG 1024D/3E8DCCC0 30DC 1D28 1D79 32F5 5E67  3ABB 28EE B35A 3E8D CCC0
   work: factline Krisper Fabro Harnoncourt OEG (www.factline.com)