Re: Stereo sound

>Hmmm,
>
>I turned the speaker (the one that works w/ my mp3s) down, and no sound came
>out of the other one.  I looked at xmms', balance, and it was 50/50.  So then
>i turned the sound back up to the defaults, and put the balance on xmms 100%
>towards the questionable speaker.  No sound came out, so I'm not sure what
>to think...

You really need to narrow it down to whether it's the mp3 player or the
soundcard causing this problem!

Try playing a "wav" file through your speakers and see if comes out through only
one speaker. Or try using a different MP3 player such as "mpg123".

There are also some sound monitors which will graphically display the output per
channel (sort of like a graphical equilizer). If you see the meter bouncing on
both the left and right but sound only from one speaker, something with the
soundcard ain't right;)

Scott