Re: booting 2.4.4

On Wednesday 09 May 2001 15:49, David Wright wrote:
> This may or may not help. The message above looks exactly like what
> you'd expect if sda was an empty Zip drive. If inserting a disk and
> rebooting changes the message, then that's what's happened.
A very strange, but good idea, it did change. Obviously it tries to boot from
the zip drive which seems to become /dev/sda with kernel 2.4.4.

That make sense, because the PC at home wich is very similar (except it has a
real SCSI zip) worked without problems with 2.4.4.

> So then the problem changes to why isn't your SCSI interface being
> detected (which would precede the Zip scsi in the sda, sdb list).
It is detected, but I can't read the messages because the boot process is too
fast. Pressing "pause" which worked in earlier times (if I remember it
correctly) does not stop the process, and shift+pg up does not work after the
kernel panic.

This does not really solve the problem, but at least I now know what the
problem is, which is the first step in solving it. ;-)

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

Daniel Faller
Fakultaet fuer Physik