Re: [users] Re: Blocking spam

also sprach V.Suresh (on Tue, 08 May 2001 10:51:54PM +0600):
>  I do use procmail, and  if i am right, procmail will start work only
>  after the whole mail has been downloaded by fetchmail, am I right?
>   Suppose a mail of 200 KB resides in your inbox on a pop3server,
>   and you want to delete it in the server, without retrieving it, how doyou
>   do that?

figure out which mail it is (i.e. which index), then telnet to port
110 of your isp and delete it yourself with the following command
sequence (this is POP3):

%> telnet mail 110
USER username
PASS password

you can use RETR 34, RETR 35, RETR 36, etc. before to make sure you
are deleting the right message.

the only real advantage to punk music is
that nobody can whistle it.