[OT] Mutt Threading (was Re: LOGO (with the turtle))

* Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> (2001-05-06 11:19):
> "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote on 06/05/2001 (11:34) :
> > Note that it's preferable to compose a new message rather than replying
> > to an existing thread when starting a new topic.   Your post is threaded
> > beneath a discussion on storage in my mailreader.
>
> Then I think you need to check your mailreader as it appears as a normal
> tread on my mailread, mutt. I cannot see anything in the header that
> indicate why this should be threaded under a different thread.

Funny enough, I use mutt as well, and I also saw the message as part
of an existing thread.  The mail that Andrew Hagen sent appeared as a
reply to a mail by Alvin Oga.  A quick look at the headers reveals
that Alvin had the following header:

and in Andrew's mail:

That seems to be why its threaded under an existing discussion on my
machine, but I'm interested as to why its showing up as a new topic on
yours.  Do you know of any mutt setting that would do this?

--
Sean Quinlan (smq@gmx.co.uk)