Re: Gnome Packages annoyances

    Preben> Why is there always problems with files being in two gnome
    Preben> packages.  I only ask to get a rationale, not to blame the
    Preben> packagers. Gnome is a big complex system, but I'm just
    Preben> wondering why this seem to always happen.

I have noticed similar stuff.

eg:

gnome-control-centre:
1. cannot listen to sounds in audio section (pushing play does nothing).
2. a number of the default sound files are missing. Yes, I do have
gnome-audio installed.
3. xscreensaver dialog never gets displayed, instead the background
remains grey.

gnucash:
1. can't add up; gets the total amounts wrong (actually I think the
numbers are OK, just in the wrong line). Makes it totally useless
IMHO.

(this might be due to an old version of gnucash being used, not sure)

I would report these, but don't currently have to time to check up if
they have already been reported or not.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>