Re: Gnome Packages annoyances

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 01:47:32PM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> wrote on 07/05/2001 (11:50) :
> > Thanks, I'll try it.
>
> # apt-get install reportbug
[...]
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   reportbug: Depends: python-newt but it is not going to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> :-(

Try apt-get -f install reportbug.

Note that the reportbug in potato predates some changes to the BTS
(specifically, some new allowed types of bugs) and last I tried to
install it, it didn't work.  However, I was able to apt-get -b source
the reportbug from unstable with no problems.

Rob

--
Any program which runs right is obsolete.