Re: LOGO (with the turtle)

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote on 06/05/2001 (11:34) :
> on Sat, May 05, 2001 at 08:11:44PM -0400, Andrew Hagen (xah@myrealbox.com) wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a free Linux implementation of LOGO computer
> > language? (The LOGO with the turtle.) Are there debs available?
>
> Note that it's preferable to compose a new message rather than replying
> to an existing thread when starting a new topic.   Your post is threaded
> beneath a discussion on storage in my mailreader.

Then I think you need to check your mailreader as it appears as a normal
tread on my mailread, mutt. I cannot see anything in the header that
indicate why this should be threaded under a different thread.

> Not in Debian, per se.

yes:

   ucblogo - a dialect of lisp using turtle graphics famous for teaching kids.

   This is the UC Berkeley implementation of logo written primarily by Daniel
   Van Blerkom, Brian Harvey, Michael Katz, and Douglas Orleans.  This version
   of logo is featured in Brian Harvey's book _Computer_Science_Logo_Style,
   _Volume_1: _Symbolic_Computing_ (ISBN 0-262-58151-5).  This version
   provides the following special features:

   - Random-access arrays. - Variable number of inputs to user-defined
   procedures. - Mutators for list structure (dangerous). - Pause on error,
   and other improvements to error handling. - Comments and continuation
   lines; formatting is preserved when
     procedure definitions are saved or edited.
   - Terrapin-style tokenization (e.g., [2+3] is a list with one member)
     but LCSI-style syntax (no special forms except TO).  The best of
     both worlds.
   - First-class instruction and expression templates. - Macros.

There is also something called gLogo at:

   http://laguna.fmedic.unam.mx/~daniel/glogo/

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»