Re: a printer for Linux

Ron Farrer <rbf@farrer.net> writes:

> Well there are basically two main types of printers: postscript and
> non-postscript. IMO true postscript printers are FAR too expensive and
> don't provide much for quality of the output.

That depends on whether you want color or not.

Our 1200dpi HP2100M was around $800 or so.  And it has excellent print
quality (and really, really easy to use with all things Linux,
including paper tray selection and other features).  Of course, it's
b/w.

If you are primarily printing text, it's well worth it to pick up a
mono laser printer.  They're much faster and the output looks much
better.  Considering we may be printing a hundred pages at a time,
it's a good thing.

I just forgot my whole philosophy of life!!!