Re: postfix not easy to install

On 2001-05-05 20:45:27, mdevin wrote:

> I get the following in my mail.log file:
> postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and
> /etc/resolv.conf differ
> postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

> postfix/master[1011]: fatal: bind 127.0.0.1 port 25: Address already in
> use

The interesting entry is this last one which says that there is
something else running on port 25.  Do you have any other mail server
installed (exim, sendmail, smail, ssmtp)?  Is any other mail server
restarts logged (e.g. postfix started in multiple run-levels)?  You
could try connecting to port 25 (`telnet 0 25`) to see if the server
advertise itself.

> Note the difference in spacing.  So I copied the /etc/resolv.conf to
> /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and then this error dissappeared -
> but I think this will recur every time I reboot - so how do I fix this
> permanently?

Need to either copy this file upon change or you might be able to
hardlink it (believe postfix chroot, so softlink will not work).

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind			email: allanwind@mediaone.net
P.O. Box 2022			finger: awind@digit-safe.dyndns.org (GPG/PGP)