xmms and audio cd playing

Hi All,

I used xmms with Mandrake for playing almost everything, mp3, audio
CD, oggs wavs etc.

Under Debian, I cannot play Audio CDs with xmms. (dedicated CD
players work!).

Xmms has a audio CD plugin, which I enabled, set the cdrom pointing
to the right dir, and now what? How can I tell xmms to play the
audio CDs? Play file shows nothing, play directory ditto, play
location seems doing nothing as well.

Under Mandrake, I was even able to mount the audio cd (in the
playlist it showed the sounds as track_n_.cda, theerfore I just
played them as files (play directory or file).

This lead to us to a more general question: what is the difference
of audio an data cds? Even before I patched the kernel for supemount
under Debian I could not mount audio CDs (got the message "wrong
fstype, bad option blablalabla..), while data cds are mounted fine.

Anyone has the answer?

Thanks in advance. -- Viktor