Re: speedup nvidia?

Steps I used for Diamond Viper 770 AGP

1.Environment is Debian Unstable, XFree 4.0.3.
2.Remove Open GL software support Mesa, Utah-GLX etc.
3.Compile Kernel and ensure MMTR support, no DRI, no Framebuffer, no AGP.
4.Download Nvidia drivers (kernel and GLX tar files) and follow the included
http://www.nvidia.com/Products/Drivers.nsf/Linux.html
instructions:

Add:
     Driver      "nvidia"
    Option "NvAgp" "1"
to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

5.Reboot
6.cat /proc/nv/card0 : should show AGP on.
7.Tuxracer,Flightgear and Xscreensaver+GL much improved speed.

Jeff