Re: install without cdrom

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:11:23PM -0500, DvB wrote:
> I have an old P75 without a CD-ROM that I'd like to install Debian on. I
> tried Progeny's nfs install but it didn't recognize the old ISA Ethernet
> card that's in it.
> Are there instructions somewhere on how to install debian via ftp (or
> nfs)? Will it recognize my network card?
>
> I'm putting off installing off floppies until I know there's no other way.

A good place to start is the installation instructions at -
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/#new-inst
Basically you grab 6 floppy images: root.bin, rescue.bin and four
containing modules.

You can install fine via ftp.  No way to tell if it will recognize your
network card since you didn't mention what type of card it is.  Do a
search in the mailing list archives or one of the Linux harware
databases or google for the card you have.
hth,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted