Re: gnome/sawfish: windows only open on workspace #1

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:30:23PM +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On 02 May 2001 15:23:12 -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>
> > After I "logout" from the gnome session, and log back in, all the same
> > windows open -- as near as I can tell -- but THEY ALL OPEN ON
> > WORKSPACE #1 which makes an unholy mess.
>
> Sawfish as 2 config items in gnomecc: "Automatically remember windows
> positions" + "Automatically remember window sizes", probably in section
> Placement.

Good call.  I should have mentioned this.

I had all of these turned ON:

  Automatically remember window positions.
  Automatically remember window sizes.
  Automatically remember other window attributes.
  Don't automatically remember details of transient windows.

So these settings are not the problem.

> It may be that you need to turn advanced options on in Meta.
> That should help. If not you can define where which apps should start in
> the section Matched Windows

Yeah, but I don't want to do that.  I do not want a standard set of
apps to start.  I want to re-create the session as it was before I
logged out the last time.

Thanks,
-S