Re: Linux style dialup automatically

Hi Dave,

I renamed the scripts to something else when I moved them from
MAndrake. (Not because I knew what you suggested, so thanks for the
info)

So the problem is somewhere else...
I hope there is someone outhere, who still uses the old-fashioned
linux style dialup and has the same setup.

Thanks again, Dave.

-- Viktor
On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 09:31:46PM -0600, Dave Thayer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 08:00:03AM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
> [...]
> > And I had a file called ip-up.local in /etc/ppp :
> [...]
> > And at the end of connection I had ip-down.local:
> [...]
> > I noticed that here under debian there is a dir with autoscripts:
> >
> > /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/			and
> > /etc/ppp/ip-down.d/
> >

> > but when I put my scripts there I still do not get my mail
> > automatically downloaded...
>
> Are the scripts still named ip-up.local and ip-down.local? If so,
> remove the periods from the file names.