Re: Apache, CGI, and LXR troubles

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 02:06:31PM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> I recently asked about a source code cross reference programm and
> decided to give LXR (http://lxr.linux.no/) a try.  Well, it uses some
> CGI scripts which are located in /usr/local/lxr/http.  I have symlinked
> this directory to /var/www/lxr, so it is in Apache's document tree.  In
> the INSTALL file, it says to stick the following code into the
> /usr/local/lxr/http/.htaccess file, so Apache will execute the
> CGI-scripts.
>
>    <Files ~ (search|source|ident|diff)$>
>    SetHandler cgi-script
>    </Files>
>
> Unfortunately, when I point my web browser to
> http://localhost/lxr/source, it will show the contents of the Perl
> script.  Likewise with search, ident, and diff.  I don't know a lot
> about apache (nothing more than to serve some PHP pages from within my
> ~/public_html directory), so I'm stuck.

wild stab -- you do have execute permissions set, right?

	chmod +x fileone anotherfile yet/more/files/here

you also need to add to httpd.conf

	Options +ExecCGI

now that i think about it...

if yuo're doing that in .htaccess then you need to make sure that
httpd.conf allows overrides, too.

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #6 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: