Apache, CGI, and LXR troubles

Hello folks,

I recently asked about a source code cross reference programm and
decided to give LXR (http://lxr.linux.no/) a try.  Well, it uses some
CGI scripts which are located in /usr/local/lxr/http.  I have symlinked
this directory to /var/www/lxr, so it is in Apache's document tree.  In
the INSTALL file, it says to stick the following code into the
/usr/local/lxr/http/.htaccess file, so Apache will execute the
CGI-scripts.

   <Files ~ (search|source|ident|diff)$>
   SetHandler cgi-script
   </Files>

Unfortunately, when I point my web browser to
http://localhost/lxr/source, it will show the contents of the Perl
script.  Likewise with search, ident, and diff.  I don't know a lot
about apache (nothing more than to serve some PHP pages from within my
~/public_html directory), so I'm stuck.

Any help?

Thanks,
Viktor