Re: Debian Compliant UPS for rack of servers

On 26 Apr 2001, at 15:53, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:

> This is a really newbie UPS question.
>
> We are putting together a rack with a VA Linux 2130, 2200, two Proliant
> 1600s (converted with rackmount kits) and an Apple Cube. I need to know
> what sort of rackmount UPS to serve all the above kit is VA Linux/Debian
> compliant, so that the VA boxes will go into orderly shutdown when there
> is a power failure.

We've used the APC rackmount for 2U's, although you might want
to also check out the BestPower line.  We used a combination of
Cisco and Cobalt on the rack, and APC 1400 and 650's on various
workstations running RH, SuSE and Debian.  This all worked just
fine, but of course YMMV. ;-)

Regards,

Dana

Dana