How to prevent "add plugins" prompts in Mozilla

on Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 05:36:23PM -0500, Kent West (westk@acu.edu) wrote:
> For months off-and-on I've tried to add Java and/or Flash to Mozilla.
> Nothing I've done seems to work.

I've got something of the reverse situation.

I *don't* like plugins.  A browser is a browser.  Embedding world+dog
into it is broken fscking design.  If someone has a freestanding Flash
viewer, I might be interested in launching a flash animation to it on
the very rare occasion (Death of StickDeath is about the only compelling
Flash I've seen period).

Otherwise, I neither want Flash in my browser nor want to be told "this
site uses Flash, click to download plugin" (which doesn't work anyway).
How to disable plugin reminders -- flash or otherwise?

Cheers.