Re: How to add plugins to Mozilla
- To: Debian User <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: How to add plugins to Mozilla
- From: Andreas Hetzmannseder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:18:57 +0200
- Message-id: <20010428201857.A1565@k-star>
- In-reply-to: <20010428200611.A1388@k-star>; from andy on Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 08:06:11PM +0200
- References: <3AE9F467.email@example.com> <20010428200611.A1388@k-star>
On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 05:36:23PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> For months off-and-on I've tried to add Java and/or Flash to Mozilla.
> Nothing I've done seems to work.
> I'm currently running Mozilla Build ID: 2001032614.
> Here's the contents of my /usr/local/mozilla/plugins directory:
> westek[westk]:/home/westk> ls -l /usr/local/mozilla/plugins/
> total 976
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 westk staff 2363 Feb 15 21:39 ShockwaveFlash.class
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 westk staff 947992 Feb 15 21:39 libflashplayer.so
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 westk staff 38499 Mar 26 16:05 libnullplugin.so
> I am logged on and running X & Mozilla as westk, and I'm a member of
> both the westk and staff groups.
Concerning the java-plugin - this is how it worked for me:
I opened a document with java contents,
to make Mozilla download and install the plugin automatically.
BTW I needed to do this as root - permissions for my
drwxr-xr-x 3 11191 uucp 4096 Apr 7 21:00 plugins
and I *am* member of the uucp group...
Now I realize that I didn't have the permission to create the necessary
subdirectories as normal user... You definitely need write permission for
After download everything has been installed under the java2/ subdirectory.
Additionally one needs to create a symlink like the following:
ln -s java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so .
Finally you may chown westk.staff libjavaplugin_oji.so to get the permissions