gimp version in unstable

Hola~

For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why my gimp version was at 1.0.4
while gimp 1.2 had been out for quite some time.  As it turns out, the package
for gimp 1.2 is gimp1.2, which will not upgrade over 1.0.4 unless explicitly
installed.

As it turns out, this isn't the only package where I've installed an older
version only because I tried to install the package name, not the package name
with version number.

What's the policy for when a package is considered an upgrade versus appending
the version number to the end of the package?

MO

--
Michael O'Brien                                                         Tools
Pixar                                                       mobrien@pixar.com

Censorship is the mother of metaphor.
                            -Jorges Luis Borges