Re: Shutting down as a user

» Erdmut Pfeifer disse isso e eu digo aquilo:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 12:27:06PM +0000, Victor wrote:
> > Of course it works but it reboots the system, doesn't shut it down. That's what I want.
>
> take a look at /etc/inittab and search for 'shutdown' (preceded by some
> comment about ctrl-alt-del). There you can change the arguments to shutdown,
> i.e. replace '-r' (=reboot) by '-h' (=halt).

	I suggest a different approach. Still lon /etc/inittab, you
can put another entry, for the keyboard request:

kb::kbrequest:/sbin/shutdown -h -a -t0 now

	The '-a' option tells shutdown to use an authorization file
at /etc/shutdown.allow. In this file, you put the usernames you want
to be allowed to reboot/halt the machine.
	When logged in, press Alt+<UpArrow> to halt the system with
the Keyboard Request.

--
[]'s,
		francisco m. neto