Re: Is PostgreSQL 7.1 in Sid broken??

Timothy Burt wrote:
 I had problems with PostgreSQL 7.1 in Sid at this very point and now it
> seems to be working.  Sorry I didn't save the transcript, but the problem
> for me was where the postinst script was creating /var/lib/postgres/.profile:
> this .profile attempts to source /etc/postgresql/postmaster.env --
> but this file didn't exist!  However, /etc/postgresql/postgresql.env
> *did* exist.  So maybe I did something bad... but I symlinked
> the missing file to the existing one.  It proceeded with the install
> and didn't complain! ;-)
That is exactly the problem, and your solution did work. I do believe
this represents a bug. It did install, however, it complained in the
last few lines of installation about 2 missing files /usr/bin/postmaster
& /usr/bin/psql I think.... I will be installing the other pg related
files in an effort to clear this up. Any help is appreciated.

--
We specialize in multi-processor computing systems!
John Foster