Re: Is PostgreSQL 7.1 in Sid broken??

John Foster wrote:
  >Is PostgreSQL 7.1 in Sid broken?? Just as I said... I tried 4 times to
  >install it. I even removed all--AND I MEAN ALL--of anything to do with
  >prior versions and attempted a fresh install. This is on a almost
  >complete Sid system. It craters out immediately after asking what the
  >default lang is to be (SQL_ASCII) pick from menu in the dpkg configure
  >script.

A colourful but unhelpful bug report!

Please send a transcript of that part of the session.  (You can use
script to capture everything that goes to the screen into a file, or
you can cut and paste with the mouse.)  Make sure your message specifies
the exact version number, including the Debian release number -- 7.1release-2
was uploaded last night and it is important to make sure the maintainer
is looking at the right version of the packaging.

It would also be helpful to put `set -x' in the postinst script at the
point just before it fails.  This may help you to tell me exactly
which command is failing.  You can follow this by the command
`dpkg --configure postgresql' to avoid unpacking an unedited postinst
on top of what you have just edited.

(The postinst script is /var/lib/dpkg/info/postgresql.postinst.)

     "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil,
      and he will flee from you."          James 4:7